Padang Cuisine in China Town

Sunday, March 13, 2011
Simple and old, that’s my impression when I first arrived at Pondok Djaya. An old restaurant a memorable occasion very simple, but my friend keep to invite me to eat here. He said fried chicken delicious. I was more curious to taste the delicious food. The place is still very common, a restaurant in Hayam Wuruk street with old style, as well as the desk chair and here also only use the fan that is mounted on the roof is quite high, typical of ancient buildings.


And it turns out the food menu is offered here is the typical cuisine of Padang / Minang with a touch of typical Chinese cuisine, hmm … interesting right? Because the owner, Mr Sofyan of Chinese descent, and he has pioneered this effort Djaya Cottage since 1969.

Once I sit down, waitress immediately offered to present the various menus on the table. At that time, there are several families were enjoying their meal with gusto, and there is also a group of young people who are cool to mingle while enjoying a plate of fried chicken at his desk.
According to my friend, fried chicken is good here, although only regular Fried Chicken and minimalist. Mmm..minimalist style of the house. We direct the message four pieces of fried chicken and had to wait around a few minutes because they are new-to-order fried chicken. While the other menus are neatly presented in our table. There are shrimp, brain curry, Sambal ijo ( green chilli ), Rendang, pickled cucumbers are placed in small dishes. But the most we’ve been waiting for is the chicken.

Not long after we came fried chicken. Owww .. no wonder my friends nicknamed him Chicken Fried Minimalist, because of his appearance is very simple and minimalist, with no seasoning Serundeng, kremesan or other spices, no matter the size of a small piece in accordance with my tastes, the small size of chicken he-he …

Immediately, I take a piece and tasted it, Whew … it felt great, really good. Chicken meat is very tasty, the ingredients penetrate into and the most I like is because it fried until very dry and you can enjoy a delicious down to his bones.

He-he … can you imagine it if we could enjoy the pleasures of a fried chicken down to his bones. It’s really good in my opinion, because even fall asleep with the taste … does not taste a plate of white rice I ate almost finished with this fried chicken. Extraordinary delicacy of the Fried Chicken a Minimalist simplicity. You should try it.

I also try another menu like Rendang, Sambal ijo ( green chilli ) and shrimp. It is also nice, very decent once for you to test. No wonder this restaurant could survive for so long, because it feels very good. Places may be simple, but do not doubt delicious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment